As the holiday pounds become ever present in our minds this light, yet satisfying cajun chicken salad is just the answer.
It has a bit of a kick to kick start your weight loss. A super yum.
1 pound boneless chicken tenders
(about 8 pieces)
¼ cup Cajun Creole seasoning Canola oil
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 mango, diced
1 small red onion, diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper
1 5-ounce clamshell of baby greens
4 radishes, sliced
½ cup vinaigrette
For the vinaigrette:
1/4 cup lime juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Dĳon mustard
1/2 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To prepare chicken sprinkle with Creole seasoning until well coated.
3. In a medium ovenproof sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium heat and cook chicken tenders till brown on all sides.
4. To finish cooking place pan in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
5. For the salad combine beans, mango, red onion and cilantro. Toss together with the vinegar, olive oil, salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
6. To compose the salad, place the baby greens and radishes on a plate. Place sliced chicken tenders on top of greens and top with mango and black bean. Dress with vinaigrette.
Toss and serve.
Yield: 4 servings